The Best Pet Steps For Dogs Under $100
As we have seen in prior reviews, the less you wish to spend on pet steps, the more difficult (but not impossible) it is to find a high quality, sturdy and stable set of pet steps.
As with just about any other product or service, the more you are willing to spend for something, the more quality and the higher the value you typically get in exchange for your hard earned dollar.
In this review, we are still working hard to keep in mind all of the things we have talked about with respect to stability, portability, durability and functionality, while at the same time striving to be mindful of the spend and keeping a watchful eye over your budget.
Here, we offer you a few different options to consider when looking at the best pet steps for dogs for under $100.
Solvit PupSTEP Plus Wood Dog StepsClick Here For Pricing and Reviews
Ranked #27 overall in the pet stairs category with over 1,350 customer reviews, the Solvit PupSTEP plus is certainly one of the most highly rated options for under $100.
This all wood option presents a beautiful walnut stain that is nothing to be ashamed of displaying in your home. Tested to support over 200 lbs, this is one of the better sets for both small and medium sized pets
This product is ready to use straight out of the box with no assembly required, AND will fold neatly into a flat position for easy, out of sight storage.
Due to the all wood construction, these steps are heavier than prior products we have reviewed weighing in at approximately 16 pounds, however, the extra weight provides the stability and sturdiness that most consumers are seeking
In addition to the extra weight, the non-skid feet will help keep the stairs in place as your pets move up and down the steps.
Pros vs. Cons
- Affordability ($80.99 with free shipping at time of post)
- Supports weight up to 200 lbs
- Ready to use out of the box, no assembly required
- Folds flat to be stored out of sight
- Side safety rails provide extra security to improve pet confidence
- One year warranty
- 16 lbs. is a bit heavy for some making it difficult to move about the house
- Despite the non-skid feet, still not ideal for tile or hardwood floors
- Stars are still too narrow for larger dogs despite the 200 lb weight rating
- Side release latches are very difficult to press in order to fold the unit for storage
- Angled steps cause pets to come down stairs with greater speed and less control
The overall rating of this product is ⭐ 4.1 out of 5 stars ⭐ with 61% of the feedback (almost 825 votes) being 5-Stars.
The overwhelming consensus is that the stairs are still to narrow and shallow for even medium to larger dogs. Additionally, still some concern about the unit sliding on tile and/or hardwood floors which remains consistent among other products being reviewed.
It really is a well-made, well-crafted product that provides good value (for the money) and works well.
Petsfit Wooden Pet StairsClick Here For Pricing and Reviews
Ranked #23 overall in the Pet Stairs category for dogs, the Petsfit Wooden Pet Stairs is a simple three step option with a clean, modern design.
The dark coffee color is very close to black and looks great in just about any room regardless of decor. It is Ade of MDF and pine wood and is extremely solidly constructed. The carpet is already adhered to the steps and will provide your pet with a very good non-slip surface.
This product is heavier than most (almost 23 lbs) but provides an extremely stable base with very little sliding, even on tile and hardwood. Having said that, the larger and heavier the dog, the more likely the item is to slide so you may still want to consider a rubber or carpeted mat.
Some assembly is required, however, it is not too difficult to put together at all.
Pros vs. Cons
- Affordability ($89.00 with free shipping at time of post)
- Supports weight up to 150 lbs
- Heavier more solid construction makes it more slide resistant
- Carpeted stairs provide traction for your pets
- The color and design is modern and appealing
- Third step provides access to taller beds and other surfaces
- Assembly is required
- Still some negative feedback regarding large dogs despite 150 lb. weight limit
- May still slide despite the heavier weight of the product.
- Not ideal for larger dogs, or dogs with longer legs.
- Pretty heavy unit at almost 23 lbs.
The overall rating of this product is ⭐ 4.8 out of 5 stars ⭐ with only 82% of the feedback being 5-Stars. None of the consumers that rated this product gave it below a 3-Star rating, and only one review was below 4-Stars.
Overall, this is a very good unit for the price point. The additional weight provides a more solid, sturdy base, however, it also makes the unit a little less mobile and harder to move about the home.
Most consumers seemed to really like this product and the primary downside was for those who had larger animals.
Best Pet Supplies Foam Pet Stairs/StepsClick Here For Pricing and Reviews
Ranked #4 in the Pet Stairs category for dogs, the Best Pet Supplies Foam Pet Stairs/Steps provide a good alternative to the wood and wood/plastic models.
This product was designed with more stability in mind as it features an anti-slip bottom that provides greater traction for your pet as they climb up and down the steps
The soft, faux fleece cover is easily removable and machine washable and extremely soft and gentle to the touch. Additionally the manufacturer’s used a very high quality foam that is durable and provides maximum support
Pros vs. Cons
- Affordability ($75.99 with free shipping at time of post)
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- No structural assembly required
- Cover is removable and washable
- Neutral color provides versatility
- Comes in multiple step options (3,4, and 5 steps) with the 5-step option giving 23″ height reach
- Stairs do not provide a gradual incline, they appear to be extremely steep
- Stairs are very narrow and wobbly
- Stairs are not very deep and not good for dogs with longer legs
- Does not fold for easy, out-of-sight storage
- Fleece material is detached from the steps and has a tendency to not stay in place
- Stairs will tip easily for medium sized to larger dogs
The overall rating of this product is ⭐ 4.5 out of 5 stars ⭐ with 75% of the votes being 5-Stars.
The overall consensus for this product is that the stairs are too steep and too narrow even for smaller dogs. Many consumers reported the product would wobble and tip over if your dog does not stay centered in the stairs or jumps off of the stairs.
Not ideal for medium to larger dogs, but seemed to work well for smaller lightweight dogs.
And The Winner In The Under $100 Category Is……..
🏆🏆🏆 Petsfit Wooden Pet Stairs 🏆🏆🏆Click Here For Pricing and Reviews
This product really seemed to be the most well liked by the consumer. It provides a stylish look, solid, sturdy construction and non-slip carpeted stairs.
The downsides included the overall weight of the product, but this also provided some advantages with respect to sliding on tile and hardwood surfaces. The weight does reduce the portability as it may be a little to heavy and bulky for some people to move from room to room.
What do you think? Are you considering any of these products, or do you have experience with any of these? If you are wondering which pet stairs I use for my larger dogs, take a look at my post entitled Pet Steps For Small Dogs, Pet Steps For Large Dogs, Pet Steps For ALL Dogs and don’t forget to share your thoughts, comments and feedback below.